07 September 2010

goin on a diet

So for two weeks we went on the Atkins diet. It was rough but I lost 5 pounds!

We locked up all our forbidden food (which we had a lot of) and went off sugar and carbs.


Asher is laughing in our faces as we starve and he eats his popsicle. No worries people, we don't think we're obese we each just have a couple pounds we want to use. I've never done the diet thing before but so far it's not too bad. Now, we are moving on to the "belly fat diet". We'll report on progress later.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Maren B said...

I am reading this book "FOod Matters" by Mark Bittman that I really like. Has a bunch of ways and reasons to improve your eating lifestyle (permanently) and lots of recipes. It's pretty common sense-- basically follows the Word of Wisdom without meaning to. The author purports to have lost weight as a biproduct of making the changes he suggests, and they're the same changes I made and then lost almost 25 pounds in the last 4 months. I highly recommend it.